Thursday, October 12, 2017

Watercolor Stamping & Gilding Flakes

Hello friends!
Merry & Bright-001
I have this stamp for a while now and, finally, I got a chance to give it some LOVE!


I started out with stamping the image with Zig Markers and Distress Inks.
Then things didn't pan out the way I had envisioned....
The color mix became murky due to the timing and color choice. 


Enters the
from: Simon Says Stamp

BEST cover-up ever!
Merry & Bright (2)

 be warned: gilded flakes can be a hot mess.
Every time I open it, I feel like the flakes are going to fly out...( like a Pandora's box!? LOL)
I have a designated cardboard box when using the gilding flakes. I find it much easier to contain the mess. Also, try not to sneeze or have small children around
There, you are good to go.

DSC_0024

However, you might ask...."Is it worth it?"
If you like the artsy, glitzy and polished look, then it's definitely worth it!
A jar of  Tonic RADIANT GOLD Nuvo Gilding Flakes can last a long time!

Merry & Bright

So far, I find that the easiest way using the gilded flakes is dabbing the ZIG Glue Pen and then press and cover the flakes into it. You can use these glue pen (see here).  
Double-sided tape like these will work best when adding stripey accent or embellishments.

The sentiment is from Yuletide sentiment.
DSC_0013

Hope that you enjoy reading about Gilding Flakes and this lovely stamp set  BERRY SPECKLED
You can find out the latest release about Penny Black Stamps here.


Of course, I also used my new favorite toy  Heatwave Pen (We R Memory Keepers)
and added that fine line at the bottom and a few tiny gold dots. 

By the way, you can see Simon Says Stamp latest release here!
 You can use code "HARVEST" to get $5 off.
I just got a few items from this release in the mail today
I can't wait to create and share with you!

BIG thanks to you for shopping through my highlighted link. 
If you do, I know my posts are helpful, informative and inspiring (hopefully)..... 💓
Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Christy Q said...

Wow! The gilding flakes add such a dynamic effect and they are now on my wish list!! I've always been intimidated by them as I thought it was complicated to use, but apparently not! :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So gorgeous with the gilding flakes, Virginia! Just love what you did with that branch stamp!!

conil said...

Personally, love the addition of the gilding. Looks beautiful with your lovely watercoloring. That's a great image and the gold makes it even more festive.

foleysfriend said...

Is it bad to say it makes me feel better that not all your creations are as you originally intended? I love how you "covered" up the bits you weren't happy with. Thanks for inspiring us to take another look before throwing card panels into the recycle bin. <3

Sheila H said...

I love the building, Virginia. You've made another amazing card.

Sue LD said...

Very pretty fix.

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!

Melissa Friedrich said...

Beautiful watercolored stamping and the gold gilded flakes are stunning!

Harriet said...

I like this stamp and your card is beautiful. However, I thank you very much for the information on 'gilded flakes'.....that's a product I've thought about. My concern was the 'overflow' of flakes--I even have trouble controlling sequins.

Marjorie DUMONTlER said...

That card is absolutely gorgeous !

Teresa Doyle said...

WOW Virginia, this is beautiful. I love the look of guilding flakes. I don't have those but I do have the gold guilding sheets and it works the same. I put the bits left over in a jar and use them as you do the flakes. A beautiful look.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Gorgeous!! I am addicted to these flakes and can't have enough inspiration to use and apply them! Thanks for that! (having a dog around when working with flakes is also NOT a good idea... ask me how I know..)