Monday, July 3, 2017

DIY Coloring Page!

Hello friends!
I am popping in with a fun coloring page that I did.

Before I start, I want to remind you to take advantage of the 15% off on all Simon Brand products.
Today is the LAST day of sale!!!

(Sale end on July 4th 11:59pm, EDT)
Shop HERE

Use code SSSFLASH
 s
Flower Medley by Penny Black 

Eventually I turned it into a card (surprise, surprise!!).
This stamp set offers beautiful curvy and detailed lines. 
The open space is just right for beginner-intermediate colorist like me.


I chose two floral images and positioned them in my MISTI.
For a change, I stamped the images all in Vintage Photo Distress Oxide.

I loved how they turned out. In order to make it easier for coloring, I clear-embossed it with SSS Clear Extra Fine EP.
Happy Happy Wishes

Once I have it all stamped and embossed. The coloring was really fun. The key in this design is the mixing of colors. I thought it would be a good idea to mix the Distress Oxide (ex: pink with yellow/orange, purple with blue).
happy happy wishes-002
From this close-up photo, you can see the white and silver watercoloring . In addition to Distress Oxide, I also mixed in the white and silver.

Once the colors are mixed, the flowers look all more beautiful thanks to the various shades.
Happy Happy wishes-001
My happy happy wishes to you on a very summery day.

By the way, these new Distress Oxide are on my must list.
Are you getting some?
If you do, you can use the code "Cheery" to get $5 off of your purchase.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

What a beautiful card, Virginia! Super pretty. Your colouring is gorgeous.

Glennis said...

This is so pretty Virginia

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous Virginia.

conil said...

Pretty, pretty and pretty. Delicate colors and love the shimmer.

Martha Herrera said...

Very pretty! Love the soft colors.

Cindy C. said...

Oh my this is so lovely!!

Sue LD said...

Very pretty!

Purple Princess said...

So pretty!

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia could this be any more gorgeous! Beautifully watercoloured!

Unknown said...



Thank you so much for your consideration and advice! I think it will help me a lot. thank you for this good articles


goldenslot
สูตรบาคาร่า