Sunday, April 16, 2017

More Distress Oxide Goodness

Hello friends!
I have been exploring and experimenting with the new Distress Oxide inks.
Today's post may help you see if this is the kind of ink for you.
s

You can see my two previous posts about the Distress Oxide.

1. each color blends well with others
(see sentiment)
Do small things with great love

2. doesn't leave smudges when applied
you are extra special!

My 3rd finding is that you can stamp Distress Oxide first and clear-emboss the image.


I am trying it out with this lovely Flora Background Stamp.

You can find alternatives: Elinor Background,  and Cora Background and Flower Medallion
be yourself

What you will be getting are textured glossy embossed image just like how you would get from COLORED embossing powder!

be yourself #2

I didn't even apply Versamark ink before adding clear embossing powder. It works just like Versafine with clear embossing powder.

be yourseslf #3

The sentiment is from Handlettered Encouragement. I am happy with this card's result. I know there are quite a few YT videos and tips on using Distress Oxide. This is purely my own discoveries and perhaps you already know all about the inks. But I thought it is still fun to share my takes along with the cards.
Thank you for stopping by!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today is the last day for the special Altenew promotion.
(click photo to shop)

s




16 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

It's always great to hear from multiple people when it comes to new products! Just love your cards with Distress Oxide inks! I haven't embossed them yet so I'm glad to see your beautiful results!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love your cards! Thanks for sharing your experience with the distress oxide ink. Happy Easter.

Dawn Turley said...

Stunning Virginia. Love the embossed colourful background

Valerija said...

Fabulous cards.
Valerija xx

Harriet said...

You must have been reading my mind. I am going across town this week and will stop at one of the few remaining scrap stores in southeast Michigan. I am hoping they have Distress oxide in stock. Your hints are invaluable. Thenk you.

conil said...

OOooooooh, that background stamp. Hard to believe that is all clear embossing powder. Can't wait to get my hands on this ink.

Glennis said...

I love the result. I can't wait for my oxides to arrive

Dandi93 said...

SO pretty Virginia, love your use of color

Lisa Elton said...

Thanks for the info on the ink Virginia! These are beautiful cards!! Happy Easter!

Marianne said...

Wonderful creations, Virginia. I think I need to have another play with my distress oxides today. Love them so much.

Karen L K said...

Wow that looks great!I love the Oxide inks. I have not tried this yet. I'm going to try it soon.

Leana Hodge said...

Just love the gorgeous colours you've used. I'm totally trying this technique. ­čśŹ

Teresa Doyle said...

Virginia, these are gorgeous cards. The stamps are amazing and the Oxides are beautiful. So many great qualities with these inks, would love to have them.

Purple Princess said...

Just gorgeous!!

Karen B. said...

I have some and look forward to making lovely pieces such as these!

Miriam Prantner said...

That background stamp with the oxide inks is just WOW!