Monday, April 10, 2017

An Inlaid Card & Altenew Blog Hop Winner Announcement

  Hello friends!
 I am popping to share a card with one of the Altenew April release "Extra Special" 

s

 It comes with a matching die (shop Altenew here, shop SSS here)

To save you time figuring out the price, here they are:
Altenew,: stamp $21, die $15, combo $34.20 (sold out-wah)
Simon Says Stamp: stamp $20.99, die $19.19, stamp and die: $41

It may look complicated , but it really is not. The great thing about it is that the thee largest flowers come on on stamp and you do not have to stamp each individual flower separately.

you are extra special!

This card is completely flat. That is because I made the die cut after stamping it all with different shades and colors. While the die is out, I inked up the edges around the flower and stem, I applied Distress Oxide (Pistachio) with mini Ink Blender.
I could have used other brands for this colors, but Distress Oxide is known for its easy blending. That means, there will be no more sharp edges and lines!!
 Once that's done, I put the die right back where it belonged. Thus, the inlaid die cut.

close-up

You can absolutely skipped this set if you don't have the die. But the look of these etched defined edges seem to give the design a little extra special something.

you are extra special

Finally, it's time to announce the winner from the Altenew April Release Blog Hop!


The winner is the lucky #13 Harriet

"Harriet said...Extraordinary. My goodness each card is a different interpretation and yet they sing, sing, sing!! The dies are so very unique, Trust Altenew and their brilliant team to create this stunning release. And in your hands and inventive eye....great team. 

Congratulations, Harriet! Please e-mail me at becr8ive2@gmail.com and we can set up the $30 shopping spree for you. Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! I promise you that there are more fun hopping events on the horizon. 

18 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card! Love that inlaid technique!
I have a couple of the oxide inks coming my way, and I'm anxious to try them out! Glad to read about the easy blending!

Valerija said...

Your card is really beautiful.
Congratulations to the winner.
Valerija xx

Preeti D. (aka Preety) said...

Gorgeous card :)

Dawn Turley said...

amazing Virginia. What a great card.

Craftychris said...

Ooh beautiful card! xxx

Teresa Doyle said...

A little gem Virginia!

Congratulations to Harriet!

Purple Princess said...

Beautiful card!!

jan metcalf said...

Pretty with the Pistachio! Thanks for sharing your inlaid card, I really like this idea!

conil said...

Wonderful look achieved on this inlay. You're right it makes the tocal point really pop. And on another topic...congrats Harriet.

Harriet said...

Your card is excellent. Sadly the stamp is gone but what a wonderful set. Those oxide inks intrigue me. I appreciate your remarks about the blend-ability of this new ink.

Karen L K said...

Oooh very nice! Beautiful colors & love that inlaid look.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous my Friend! and I always love the way you set up your beautiful cards!
Awesomeness all around ;-)

Spoo said...

Such a beautiful card! :)

Cindy C. said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful card Virginia!!
Congrats to Harriet!

Lisa Elton said...

Another of your beautiful works of art!!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!!

Linda said...

Your card is outstanding and love the colors. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia! I love the pretty colors and how you used your Oxide ink on the background! I also noticed today's post with your beautiful collection of Altenew cards...WOW!!! They are blessed to have you on the team! And, so are we :)