Tuesday, March 14, 2017

The Invaluable Vellum

Hello friends!
s

I have finally gotten around to create a card with the new products from Simon Says Stamp New Beginnings Collection.  

Today I am featuring this stamp set called More Spring Flowers.
s
This set offers lots of fun for coloring and embossing.The images have some fine stitched like lines. I decided to color them with Altenew Artist Markers and add some doodling with it. I did use a few copic markers for the yellow and orange as Altenew Set A doesn't have those colors yet. I bet they are in the works!

sending smiles

I nearly used all the images from the stamp set. After coloring, I loved how bold the colors turned out, but found it hard to add a sentiment.
Guess what...
Vellum (Bazzill, 40lbs) came to the rescue!
sending smiles-001

I love how vellum can tone down the coloring a bit and that vellum can also adds some design interest. I adhere is with the Altenew Glue Tape Runners and secured it with Washi Tape at the back. The new sentiment set "Handlettered Encouragement" is a must -have for creating encouragement cards.

Simon Says Stamp April 2014 Monthly Card Kit is out.
It's an adorable one with inks and tags! 
 s
You can purchase here, subscribe here.

Do you know that I am having a "Spread The Love" giveaway?  Check it out here.
That's it for today! Thank you for stopping by!


17 comments:

Marianne said...

I agree. The vellum sentiment strip works perfectly on your bold and colourful design!

cm said...

Your vibrant flowers are stunning, Virginia! The strip of vellum: perfect! Spring sensational; a bright spot on this gloomy, snowy day!
Hugs~carol

Karen B. said...

Love the gentle feminine use of primary colors.

CinnamonSally said...

Love your pretty flowers Virginia.

Isabelle Siry said...

Gorgeous card Virginia ! I love this stamp set (which is already on my wish list !) and this card is so happy with this bright colours ! Exactly the kind of colours we want to see these days thanks to the sun which is shinning ! Spring is here ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.
Izzy Scrap

Karen L K said...

Very pretty & great idea to use the vellum!

Brandi R said...

Lovely card. Completely brightened my snowy day. Thank you for bringing a little Spring today ♥

conil said...

Lovely bouquet...your coloring fairly sings.

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous design!!!

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card! I love the way you colored the pretty flowers!

Harriet said...

Vellum, you are so right. The colors are very vibrant and vellum is the perfect answer.

Marlena M. said...

This is so pretty, I love the vellum strip, Virginia!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful card! The vellum is a great way to add sentiment without covering the stamp image completely. I like using it too!

Lisa Elton said...

The vellum sentiment is perfect with your floral stamping! Pretty card Virginia!!

Dawn Turley said...

A very pretty stamp set. Love the beautiful bright colours. The vellum is a perfect foil.

Purple Princess said...

Beautiful flowers!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So perfect with the vellum sentiment strip, Virginia! Just love your colorful flowers too!!