Saturday, June 11, 2016

You Brighten My Day!

 Hello friends!
I have a super bright card to share here today. The creative process was a bit long, but I think it is worth the time and effort. 
When I made this card, I truly enjoyed each step of the process--taking my time to emboss, adding colors, layers and embellishments.
I am not sure if this is your kind of card, but I thought I would share it anyway.

you brighten my day (PB)

This card involves multi-color stamping, embossing and emboss resist. If you love stamping in colors, you might want to give it a try? Background stamps are my favorite kind of stamps, especially the butterflies! All this was done with the help of MISTI.

About this card (you need MISTI for this)
~color stamping with MISTI
~clear-emboss the entire image
~add colors to background (Emboss Resist)
~sandwich it together with a piece of card stock (with the help of Stitched Rectangles)
~the sentiment was embossed on vellum with a piece of pattern paper underneath.

you brighten my day (Close-up)

 In case you are shopping, the code for Simon Says Stamp is "Breezy".
It will take $5 off for purchase over $5 or more (valid till June 15)!  Btw, you might want to check out what's on sale over Simon Says Stamp here 
Lastly, if you are into taking card-making classes, Craftsy has some class sales going on.
Craftsy
 Thanks for stopping by!


15 comments:

Barbara Thompson said...

It's just beautiful Virginia!!

Harriet said...

Not only colorful but full of joy and gorgeous. Well done Virginia!!!

conil said...

This one screams SUMMER. So pretty...vibrant and delicate at the same time. Happy, happy, happy card.

donna mikasa said...

So BEAUTIFUL Virginia! Fresh and colorful and summery, indeed!

Karen B. said...

This is gorgeous!!

Sheila H said...

Your card is bright, fresh, and so pretty, Virginia. The clear embossing really adds a pop.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors!

Dawn Turley said...

A simply beautiful colourful card Virginia. Stunning.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful card, those wonderful colors make me smile! Thank you!!

Megan said...

So bright and colorful! Great use for the MISTI to be able over stamp in Versamark. WE all have lots of colors of inks, but maybe not so many colors of embossing powder.

Isabelle Siry said...

What a gorgeous card Virginia ! I love the wonderful colors you used ! The background is just beautiful and it matches so well with the embossed butterflies ! Love it ! Thanks for sharing. Izzy Scrap

Helen Gullett said...

Wow! Virginia this is gorgeous carc with colorful background. Thank you for the inspiration!

Miriam Prantner said...

I love it! Love what the MISTI allows you to do!

Jessica Lin said...

I love this! It's brilliant!!!

nancy littrell said...

Oh My Virginia...Yes, worth the extra time to create your Stunning and very colorful card. I love all the texture you created with your heat embossing and sweet vellum sentiment with the DSP behind it. TFS your card and your details. Hugs, Nancy