Thursday, October 29, 2015

Create a Mosaic Effect with Paper-Piecing

Hello friends!
It's been a while since I played in any challenges, other than my own Virginia's View Challenge (coming up on Nov. 1st). Do not miss it!
http://littletangles.blogspot.ca/2015/10/challenge-61-paper-piecing.html
I wanted to take part in the "Little tangles" challenge and then came up with this card just yesterday. My inspiration came from my previous project (see here).
you have a heart of gold
I chose 3 pieces of pattern paper (from Simon Says Stamp November Card Kit). I wanted to create a heart that had a homespun feel. These Fall-themed pattern paper were perfect for this. I embossed in white on all 3 pieces of pattern paper and started cutting...one piece at a time. The trick for doing this type of design? Divide and conquer.
After piecing them together, I used Shimmer Spray to seal the mosaic heart.  I also added splatter with my Gold Wink of Stella and Gold Stickles. I stamped the sentiment in Brilliance Gold. For good measure, I had to add some gold thread! Obviously, my "mosaic work" is not seamless....but that is kind of the point. It is handmade/hand-crafted. : )

 Thanks so much for stopping by! 



14 comments:

Suchi said...

What a beautifully paper pieced mosaic heart! Spectacular...! :)

Hussena said...

What a totally fabulous card....Love the paper pieced heart !

Keren Baker said...

That's some pretty paper piecing. Beautiful card- lovely lovely colours x

Shelly said...

This is beautiful, Virginia!

conil said...

You achieved that warm, homey look I think you were aiming for. Who knew those patterned papers would look so great in this heart. Which, btw, I just received. Stunning card. Terrific idea.

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful piecing! Love the blend of modern and homespun!

Happy Dance said...

This has such a warm feeling to it, Virginia. Those touches of gold are just the right added elements. Love all the paper piecing, too. Just love this! Bev

Taunya Butler said...

WOW - amazingly done - what a beautiful, warm heart!!! Like yours - your heart is warm and beautiful!!

Harriet said...

Oh my, your patience rewarded you with a lovely card.

Lisa said...

This is pretty Virginia!!

Kara Lynne said...

It's fun to see you playing in a challenge, Virginia! That heart has the cozy warmth of fall written all over it! The gold details make it glow!

Cindy C. said...

Oh what a darling card!!

Barb Ghig said...

Love your paper piecing on this card, Virginia! The fall patterns are so pretty and I love the effect of the spatter! Beautiful card!

Jessica Pascarella said...

What a unique card! Great style! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge!