Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Virginia's View Challenge #14

This is my 2nd post for the day. For Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, please click here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time for another Virginia's View Challenge! We are into our 14th challenge! Woohoo!
It's all about Layers and Dimensions. There is a minor change for this challenge. Instead of one month, we are stretching it into two months.

Here is my card for Layers:
on your wedding day
I love the alluring look that vellum gives! And so that's what I did with vellum. Used vellum, lots of them. I did the gold embossing, then colored the flowers carefully on the BACKSIDE of the vellum. That way, the gold embossing still shows. I definitively would love to make more cards like this one! Who knew that adding layers can be this FUN!?
 
My card for Dimensions:

Well, there is not a lot to say about this Easter card. I just had fun creating dimensions with the Pretty Pink Posh border dies. If you have some border dies lying around, take them out and play! You might be surprised what you can come up with...
 
 Please visit Virginia's View Challenge for more details and instructions about this challenge! The deadline is extended to May 18th (instead of April 18th). My family is going to be super busy this month since Dr. John and Stephanie are celebrating their birthdays. We also could use a break from judging the entries. I hope this gives you more time to work on something fun and exciting.

All my supplies are listed below via Inlinkz. You can click on the photo and find where I got them from. Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Lin said...

Virginia, I adore that first card with the vellum.......I want to run and try this technique right now!

Ruby N said...

Omg this is gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Your layered card...oh my goodness Virginia, stunning!! And that bunny is too cute!

Lynn said...

Stunning layers on the first! Wow! And adorable on the second. Looking forward to playing along Virginia!

Taunya Butler said...

First of all, Happy Thoughts and Best Wishes to your family - have so much fun celebrating!!! What a fun and intriguing challenge! I am excited to play and look forward to seeing what your Guest Designers create and hopefully I come up with something awesome!! Thanks so much for all you do!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

That first card is totally swoon worthy, LOVE!!!!

Dawn Turley said...

fabulous Virginia.

Anita in France said...

The gold embossed vellum is gorgeous, Virginia ... so beautiful with those jewel coloured blooms! What an adorable bunny ... so cute! Anita :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh I love the gold embossing and the beautiful colors. Fabulous design.

Barb Ghig said...

Two fabulous cards, Virginia! Your first one is so elegant...beautiful coloring and I love the gold embossing on vellum! I also love how you inked/blended the colors on the border die cuts on your 2nd card...such a sweet bunny, too! Thanks for the inspiration...I'm looking forward to playing along!

alexandra s.m. said...

I love the new theme and your cards of course ;)

Laura B. said...

That first card is absolutely stunning!!!! Stunning!!!! The coloring and gold embossing...stunning!

Cris G said...

Fabulous card, Virginia. Hope to be able to play along this month.

Carol McCready said...

Love your cards; but the first one is absolutely stunning.

Sheila H said...

These are fabulous cards, Virginia. The first is so elegant. The second is so happy and fun.

Lindsey said...

I have been seeing your gorgeous vellum card popping up everywhere thanks to your guest turn at STAMPlorations, so had to come and tell you how beautiful it is! Your second card is great, too — totally fun!