Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Shake it Off!

Are you a Taylor Swift fan? I was not, but I think that I am becoming one!
Taylor's songs are super catchy and fun, even an oldie like me can't help singing along. Also, Taylor does the coolest things for her fans; I love how she has embraced her fame and fortune in such a genuine and sweet way! This totally makes me smile :)

In the spirit of celebrating Taylor's song "Shake it Off ", I made a shaker TAG!
close-up
 I recently got the Paper Smooches Gift Tag Dies and had to try them out. I used to think why buy a tag die when you can cut them out yourself...well, these dies do have stitched/embossed edges, so the cost was totally justified (wink)!
hello honey
For this shaker tag, I made two tag dies first, then I trimmed off the white rectangle. I then stamped the bee and hearts images and embossed the "swirl". Next I added the watermelon sequins (from Pretty Pink Posh) beneath the acetate. Finally I sandwiched them all together--Bam! I also made a little tag to go with the shaker tag and added the ribbon and twine. Done!

Just for the fun of it, I am linking this to Paper Smooches "Anything Goes" Challenge
Thanks for stopping by!
PS: I am so encouraged by your positive comments about me doing cute cards (see here)! Wow,...I am going to try hard and continue to hone my coloring skills. You are the BEST!  

26 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous! This is such a fun tag and I love the colourful sentiment. I too have delayed buying tag dies as I cut them out but I have ordered some recently with some detailing on them, totally justifiable!! Cathy x

Barb said...

It's an adorable tag, V! Just love how happy and bright it is! And the shaker design makes it even more fun! ♥

Lisa said...

This is darling Virginia!

Marlena M. said...

This is so sweet Virginia! My girlies and I are Taylor Swift fans also :)-nice to know I'm not the only oldie

~amy~ said...

Virginia, what a fun shaker tag!

Susi Kelly said...

Love the tag design, and all the little details that make it so darn cute!

sunshinelouisiana said...

Very fun card, Virginia...the video was so hilarious...loved the way he got really serious-like quickly when you knew someone was watching him...LOL! Anywho, I adore this sweet card!!
Hugs,
Sunshine Sharon

Kristie Goulet said...

Super cute tag! I LOVE that video. I have watched it many times. He just cracks me up!

Sheila H said...

Your tag is definitely cute, Virginia! The stitched detailing is great.

Annette Allen said...

aww the cutest shaker.. i love it

Kara Lynne said...

Darling tag and such a cute little tag to go with it. I thought the same about not needing to buy tag dies but now you've got me thinking...

Shelly said...

Such a SWEET tag, Virginia! I just love those bees!

Laura Norris said...

The first thing I said when I saw this is "She CAN do cute!" Love your cute little bees in the shaker tag!

Renee said...

Ok this is adorable, the Paper Smooches sentiment is so stinking cute!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Yes her music is catchy V. Love your shake it off tag!!

Niki G said...

Now you've got that song in my head! Love your sweet tag!!

conil said...

Oh. Em. Gee. Such a darling tag. Really love how you stamp the background and the colors you chose. Though I'm not a Taylor fan, I do love that song. Also adored that video of the policeman cruising and singing. Very happy little event.

Taunya Butler said...

So excited to hear about your growing love for Taylor Swift - I think she is cool!! But YOU, my dear, are even cooler, WOW - the awesome range of skills and talents you have, plus the goodness you bring to the blogging community!! This is for you - YOU are a HONEY - so sweet to everyone and such a joy!! Great job on your tag on a shaker tag!! Turned out so very awesome!!! Have a beautiful day!!

Carol McCready said...

Great tag. Looks like a winner to me.

Maureen said...

This is so super cute! Love this little tag. And yes - the stitching detail makes it totally worth it!

Teresa Kline said...

cute card Virginia!

add a little glimmer to your life......sparkle & shine! *~*

Chark said...

omgosh, Virginia! I think Taylor is my secret shame :) I'm way too old to enjoy her music and I'm not sure she's that good of a singer live, but she can write a song! And they make a good one in the studio--and this card is adorable!

Milka Gubo said...

Lovely tag, Virginia. :-D

Bobby said...

What a darling shaker tag, Virginia.

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely adorable tag, Virginia! I love those darling bees and how you colored in the alphas...so FUN!
I think Taylor Swift is such a great role model for our young girls...I love her!

donna mikasa said...

Super cute shaker tag! Love the vibrant reddish pink sequins--it's the perfect touch!