Thursday, August 14, 2014

Clicking Cameras Challenge!

Are you camera shy? If you are, this may be the challenge for YOU!
Moxie Fab World has a new one called Clicking Cameras Challenge

Cameras are a big deal in my family. Dr. John loves photography and so it is not surprising that it also became a passion for my daughter Stephanie. I am not good at photography, but at least I can make a card with a camera with ease (insert a smile)!

Somehow I was quite inspired by the challenge. I used the stamp set Looks Good  (Hero Arts). The sentiment is from Friendly Flowers (Simon Says Stamp)

This one is all about watercolors!
I love using stencils and embossing paste to create embellishments. The circles are lovely with a bit of Martha Stewart glitter.The camera image was stamped in black and then clear-embossed. Since I am still crazy about watercolors, I decided to get my new toy out to play. It's the Peerless Watercolors.  If you are thinking of getting watercolors, you should definitely consider these ones. The colors blend beautifully and the price is right! I cut my color swatches and put them on a piece of card board with double-sided tapes and added a color sample on the side. Pretty low-tech, but it sure works splendidly!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

21 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Wow! The watercolor is beautiful!

Deepti said...

Gorgeous !

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Gorgeous card!! I so want the peerless watercolours!! Not easily accessible here in the UK :( xx

Barb said...

Fabulous, Virginia! Love those beautiful, bright colors and your fun designs! ♥

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how vivid and rich the watercolors are, and the paste over top is the perfect amount of texture!

Susanne Vargas said...

Love this colorful, happy card!

conil said...

Wow, wow, wow. The watercolor on this is amazing, especially with those glittery dots over it. A winner for sure.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun card, Virginia! I love the bold water colors and how you added texture with your paste! Loving that cute camera, too!

Annette Allen said...

Dang this is so cool.. love how you added the color.. awesome card Virginia

Brenda said...

A nice bright fun card Virginia!

Petti said...

great card!

Rachel said...

beautiful! love the happy rainbow floating above your cute camera
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Shelly said...

This is such a COOL card!!! Love the colors!

Dawn Turley said...

Just love the bright watercolours Virginia. Awesome card

Sheila H said...

Your water color background is awesome, Virginia. The texture of the dots and ribbon adds nice dimension and artistic flair. Love the camera image!

Laura B. said...

The colors, the stenciled dots, the camera, the thread....hi lovely card!

Beverley said...

WOW! Fabulous water coloured BG :) Hugs Bev x

~amy~ said...

gasp.
i love this.

Laura Norris said...

Stunning!!

Ruby Craft said...

Love your bright rainbow colors and the glittery embossing paste circles. Your cards are always so bright and cheerful. They make me smile.
I decided to check out the Clicking Cameras challenge at Moxie Fab World and realized that my shaker camera card was eligible so I linked it. Thanks for the inspiration!

terisplace said...

I brake for rainbows... just saying! :)
This is awesome, Virginia!

Teri