Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Collage Style Stamp and Pattern Paper...

Collage style stamp and pattern paper...do not mix, right?

Somehow I had this "idea" that perhaps I can use
this stamp Garden Letter
and this awesome pattern paper DCWV Twinkle Glints
to make "something"?

My result
As you can see, stamping this card was super easy... I merely took the butterfly (from the top of the stamp) and used it as part of the embellishments. And oh...the big curve die from Avery Elle's Custom Panels came in handy!  It sure is fun to "mix it up" and break the rule (if there's one?)!

Thanks for stopping by!
Notice: If you joined the Beach Vacation blog hop for StampNation, you can check out the winners at Catherine's blog.  I am thrilled to see one of the winners commented in MY blog (congrats, Cindy C.!).

15 comments:

sandie said...

We don't have rules right! We have Artist freedom and you have nailed it here!! I love how you kept the stamp plain and so fits perfectly with the DSP. Hope you are well x

Gunilla/Nilla said...

What ever you get in your hands you turn in to beautiful art, LOVE this card!

Hugs/Gunilla

My Paper Epiphany said...

You could break any rule and make it look good!

Dawn Turley said...

gorgeous Virginia.

~amy~ said...

oh-so-lovely!

joy said...

gorgeous, Virginia!

Sheila H said...

Beautiful - your creativity astounds once again.

Barb Ghig said...

These vintage papers are so pretty with this stamp, Virginia! I love how you popped up the butterfly...so clever, and the color combo is just beautiful!

Carol McCready said...

You created one fabulous card.

Shelly said...

So pretty! And rules?!...If there's any, I'm sure I've been breaking them since 2004! lol Ha! At least you know, you wouldn't be the only one! ;)

Miriam Prantner said...

I love the curve and the pops of pink!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love that PB stamp, and the shimmer of the paper, beautiful card!!

Tonya Jastad said...

So pretty! I love that stamp too!

donna mikasa said...

LOVE the unique card design and the pops of color from the sequins and butterfly!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

gorgeous my friend!