Sunday, May 11, 2014

Little Tangles Challenge #36 and Iron Craft Challenge

 
 Yes, you can say that I was on a roll the last few days--frequent posting! I am not sure why....I am itching to ink and play! And the new ideas just kept coming and coming... :) Here is another one!

I was so intrigued by the color combo (Peach and mint) and had to make a last minute dash for the Little Tangles challenge. 
Supplies: Across the Card, Party Dots ,sequins (Neat and Tangled), silver thread (Michael's), Embossing Powder (Mint-from Wow), Inks ( Soft Apricot from Hero Arts), black fine pen (faux stitching)

 I am joining the fun over Iron Craft Challenge (Inspiration 2). Here is Inspiration 1, in case you missed it. In this challenge, Chaitali asked us to create a card for a crafting friend and actually MAIL it. I am going to mail this card to my craft friend Marcy who needs a little TLC!
 Memories

Lastly, I am sharing an oldie (but a goodie) with you. My kids made a special TIME magazine cover for me to celebrate Mother's Day back in 2008.
To this day, I cherish it so much.
Happy Mother's Day!
Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Alanna said...

What a fun card and those colors look fabulous. And that magazine cover your kids made is so precious.

Deepti said...

Oh my God!! This card is jaw dropping stunner :) love love the way used these colors, totally inspired. TIME magazine is a real sweet gesture by ur kids :)

Barb said...

I love that Time Magazine cover, V! Such a special gift from your kids!

And I love your card even more! Oh, my gosh - the colors are so fabulous and I love, love, love your design!

Happy Mother's Day to you, my friend! ♥

Tracey McNeely said...

Happy Mother's Day Virginia! LOVE your peach & mint card so much and love your magazine cover!!

Dawn Turley said...

Gorgeous card. and I love the Time cover! Very clever. Love the sequins on your card.

Cris G said...

Beautiful card, love the colors and brightness. That Time magazine was such a cool idea :). Your kids rock!
I hope you have had a wonderful Mother's Day.

~amy~ said...

Awesome peach and mint card...love that mint embossing powder!

How fun is that Magazine cover?! Super awesome kids!

Sheila H said...

I love the design of your card. It has a lovely feeling of movement and vibrancy. The Time magazine is priceless keepsake :)

Heather Ruwe said...

Stunning card! Thanks for playing along in the little tangles challenge!

Annette Allen said...

wow great take on the challenge.. love the embossing.. Looks like you had the perfect Mother's Day.. yay...

Happy Monday

Harriet said...

Your card is excellent....colors are wonderful. Love the Time cover too.

Angi Barrs said...

Love the gorgeous colors. Hope you had a fun Mother's Day!

Betty J. said...

Love your embossed dots, Virginia. Really pretty card.

Barb Ghig said...

Love this fun card, Virginia! The color combo is totally delicious, and I'm sure Marcy is going to love it!

How sweet that your kids love you so much to create this magazine cover...Love it! Hope you had a really wonderful Mother's Day...you certainly deserve it!

nancy littrell said...

Wow so creative, cheerful and trendy. Love every detail Virginia. TFS

Jennifer said...

ohhhh...I love this card and the colors! Such a cute gift too, love the magazine cover. Your kids are the sweetest!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

oh Virginia I love this SO much! :D The colors, the design of it all...wow. just wow.

cm said...

Another magnificent card! Don't you love it when the creativity just rolls along, springing idea after idea? Speaking of creative: your Time cover page is awesome! What great kids you have!!
c

Chaitali Narla said...

Yay for card-exchanging-friends!! Beautiful card as usual! I really should study and try out your thread arrangement technique. Love how you create the illusion of disorder but preserve the neatness!