Thursday, April 3, 2014

Paper Smooches Challenge-Anything Goes

 If you are here for A Blog Named Hero Blog Hop, please click here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes you just want to play and look for excuses to create. The latest Paper Smooches 
Anything Goes Challenge seems to be perfect for me at the moment.
 
I decided to do some hand-stitching! There is nothing better than this kind of multitasking: watching TV and hand-stitching a card at the same time!  PBS is my favorite channel. And lately I have been watching Mr. Selfridge!Hoppy Easter 
I am learning how to do more hand-stitching. This is one of three cards with hand-stitching that made the grade. So many things can go wrong when doing hand-stitching, such as the type and color of the threads, the distance between the pierced holes... I regret stitching up the bunny's front tooth (should have left the outline open). BUT I decided that a toothy bunny is a cute bunny...so I am leaving it the way it is.

I am not done with this challenge. After I was finished with this card, another idea came up! I will share another Easter card in the next few days!

Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Laura B. said...

Squeeeel! Love this cute stitching!!!

Petti said...

Very nice stitching! So unique!

Dawn Turley said...

so very pretty Virginia.

Miriam Prantner said...

Cute! love the stitching and the sequins!

Sheila H said...

Your hand stitched bunny is so cute, Virginia! The pastel colors of the background highlight the bunny nicely. The loopy sentiment and sequins add whimsy and nice movement.

~amy~ said...

So cute! Love the stitching!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Oh your card is too cute, as is that sweetly stitched bunny.

Lin said...

TOO cute, V! Love the Easter colors and your bunny is just adorable!!

conil said...

Did you free hand draw that bunny? He's adorable. Clever to stitch him/her. Love those happy spring colors.

Piali Biswas said...

Suuuuuuuuuper Cute!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun idea to stitch your bunny, Virginia...I love it! Love the soft spring colors you used on this card, too! Thanks for making me smile!

lenny said...

hahaha Such a fun bunny! Love this!!

cm said...

Oh goodness, Virginia! How adorable is your hand-stitched bunny! Awesome! Your creativity = unlimited!
c

Isha Gupta said...

Superb card Virginia. Love it so much as I love all the stitching :) Thanks forr joining us at Paper Smooches Sparks this week.

Cindy C. said...

OMG this is too cute!! Love the stitched bunny!!!

Nora N. said...

OH MY!! This is too fabulous!! I never thought of doing this and am trying to figure out why. I used to trace coloring book images when I was a girl and would stitch like this on doll blankets. Never thought to do it on a card. Now I am going to have to give this a try. Really adorable card!!

donna mikasa said...

I agree that a toothy bunny is a cute bunny! LOVE the pastels and your stitching is quite awesome!

Kelly Griglione said...

Awesome toothy bunny stitching, Virginia!! I can't believe how quickly Easter is coming up ... even though it's really late this year. Hope you've been doing well, my friend!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a super fun and adorable card Virginia! Love the stitching and Beautiful bg!
Thanks so much for playing with us at SPARKS this week, hugs, Karin

Katie Ann Brooks said...

EEEK! This is so cute and perfect for Easter! I see a win in your future!

Angi Barrs said...

Soooo sweet!