Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Guest Design for A Blog Named Hero

This is my 3rd post today!
For Fresh Squeezed Stamps new release, please see here 
For CAS-ual Fridays Stamps projects, please check them out here 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let's get to the last post of the day...
I am happy to share my guest design work with you today. I have made a special project  over A Blog Named Hero.

Theme: use non-holiday supplies to create Christmas Ornaments.Merry Christmas to you
The reason I chose to do this project is that I don’t have the latest Christmas stamps on hand.
Sending Christmas JOY
I took this as a chance to stretch my stamp supplies. 
close-up #1
It involves with one of my favorite medium...Close-up #2
Instructions:
1. Create a colorful background with alcohol inks on Glossy paper
2. Embossed Zig Zag Pattern 
3. Make the Funky Circle Diecut and cover the top with a partial white diecut
4. Emboss the sentiment on card in white
5. Tie the ribbon and bow, adhere with pop dots and string
6. Add droplets of Liquid Pearl, round all the corners
two cards
Supplies: (S5654) Zig Zag Background, CL630 Miracles of the Holidays by Hero Arts, Adirondack Alcohol Inks, Gloassy paper by Ranger,  Embossing Powder (white, detailed, Michael’s) , Liquid Pearls, Funky Round Tags by CAS-ual Fridays Fri-dies, ribbons, pearls, stings, Glossy Accent (Ranger), Fiskar Corner Squeeze Punch.

 For more inspiring work, please stop by A Blog Named Hero.

 In case you miss it...
here is Fresh Squeezed Stamps New release (Day 1)
here is my CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog feature

Thanks so much for stopping by!

30 comments:

Katie Gehring said...

You are a busy girl today, Virginia! These ornaments are fantastic. Love the white embossing on the kraft background!

joy said...

Lovely ornaments. The sentiments from last season are still my faves. Great card, Virginia!

Jennifer said...

These are so cool! Love that you stretched your stamps.

Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful Virginia! I love those ornaments!

Rachel W K said...

very pretty! what a great holiday card without the holiday supplies!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Cindy C. said...

These ornaments looks fabulous!!

Laura B. said...

These are gorgeous! I love the embossed zig zg on glossy paper!

cm said...

Your ornaments are gorgeous; a brilliant way to stretch your stamps! White on kraft...swoon! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a warm comment on my Advent calendar. You've made my day!
c

Sandra said...

love these! Thanks for the inspiration!
Sandra ltb

rcwidow (Linda) said...

In love with these cards! Beautiful!

Greta said...

Fabulous! One of my favorites, Virginia!

Wida said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Stunning Virginia. Love those rich alcohol ink colours.

Niki G said...

So pretty with the gorgeous bow and lovely colors!

Dawn Turley said...

just saw these on ABNH blog and was VERY impressed. They are delightful.

Lesley Croghan said...

Wow, awesome idea. I have that stamp-need to get it inky!! Congrats on your Guest Spot!!

Sheila H said...

Love the ornaments! Again, you provided a great lesson in stretching your stamps :)

~amy~ said...

These are amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kim S said...

What an amazing look - a gorgeous wash of color!

Karen said...

just awesome cards mf...well done..may have to case you!!
hugs,
Karen

Pamela said...

Wow! The embossing is gorgeous and I love the alcohol ink base!

lenny said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Love both versions!!! That X-mas ornament is so beautiful!! wow!! Wonderful job!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how of created the ornaments, they Are so colorful and fun and festive!

Maureen Morton said...

I can't believe how you are getting around! Great fun, especially for a gal who loves to travel - ha! These are so cool - great graphic style. You still haven't gotten me to reach for alcohol inks, but I'm getting closer. Such pure, pretty colors.

Barb Ghig said...

What a great idea, Virginia! Your cards are so unique...you always know how to 'stretch your supplies', and do it beautifully! I love your cards!!!

donna mikasa said...

Such trendy ornaments! I love that Tweed Background stamp and must give your alcohol inks a try.

Linda R said...

I just love the way these look.. Well done my friend.

Hugs~

Bethany Stellpflug said...

wow Virginia! These are gorgeous! I love the red one...it really stands out and is amazing!

Jacqueline said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Virginia - what a fab idea!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

STUNNING!