Sunday, September 15, 2013

Traveling in California with Alexia!

If you would like to see what I did in California, please take a tour with my little traveling companion Alexia! Take it away, Alexia!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bonjour! It's Alexia the cat. If you are new to Virginia's blog, here is a little info about moi! I was lovingly created by the super talented Alexandra. I have been living in Virginia's craft room since 2010. I do not care for the cold air from Virginia's window sill, but the perk is, I get to travel with Virginia and her family. I have been to Italy several times and even made my way to Russia last year!
Lucky for me, I get to photobomb everywhere I go...
First stop, San Francisco--here we go! It's a cultured city with its very own chocolate, according to Dr. John. He is a HUGE fan of Ghiradelli chocolate. After arriving at Fisherman's Wharf, we did LOTS of chocolate sampling, toured the factory and the shops and bought some chocolate, of course! The sour dough bread at Boudin is DELICIOUS!
 Here I was--at the Palace of Fine Arts. The place is amazing. Hard to believe that a structure like this exists right in the city! This monumental structure was originally constructed for the 1915 Panama-Pacific Exposition in order to exhibit works of art presented there! Can you imagine it was for one time only?
 If you know the Lus, they LOVE museums and they LOVE Walt Disney....so we had to hit the Walt Disney Museum! Dr. John led the walk to the museum. After a felt like forever 20-minute walk, we made it to the museum!
 The museum exhibitions and displays were so awe-inspiring. I know Virginia took a lot of photos and inspiration from that museum visit! We also enjoyed shopping (see bottom three photos) at Macy's near Union Square! The ceiling (over 100 years old) is stunning! However, what captivated the Lus was the dinner at The Cheesecake Factory (thumbs up)! The views from the 8th floor balcony of The Cheesecake Factory were breathtaking!

Then, on the next day we took a cable car and toured the Cable Car Museum
 Look at that size of that cable? I must say that it was not very comfortable to lie on...but you get the idea! After that, we went to the largest Chinatown in North America. We even had a little tour of the fortune-cookie shop/factory! Boy, the cookies were so fresh!
 We saved the best for the last day in SF. We took a taxi and then had a stroll on the Golden Gate Bridge! Too bad it was very foggy (we arrived around 2pm), we couldn't get the entire view. However, I love the misty effect, don't you?
 After the bridge, we went straight to the Golden Gate Park. This park is beautiful and oh .so.massive! We quickly toured the De Young Memorial Museum ( the observation floor is free).
  Last stop---> Alamo Square. From there, we saw the famous Painted Ladies! These Victorian houses are quite ornate and lovely. I wouldn't want to live there though as there are tons of tourists (like me) staring at them EVERY DAY!
And this concludes our San Francisco trip. We then flew to LA and stayed at the resort in the Happiest Place on Earth--Disneyland! 
 We spent 4 days in the theme parks! Stephanie and David took every BIG ride multiple times to their hearts' content. Virginia didn't feel so well after taking Space Mountain and Splash Mountain (twice each ride) that morning! I don't blame her!
Thanks to the Lu Family, I was happy to tag along with them. I wonder where the next trip will be....hmmm! Lastly, here is a photo of Virginia---photo-bombing Cinderella!
(shhhh....don't tell Virginia that I posted this! LOL)
Hope you enjoy my traveling as much as I do. Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Sheila H said...

Alexia'is so cute and funny! What a fantastic trip - the pictures are wonderful. I used to live in Oakland so you all were in my old stomping grounds. It was fun to see pictures of places I know well. The Ghiradelli chocolate and sour dough are to die for in San Francisco :) Virginia photo bombing Cinderella is too funny. Thanks for sharing!

Niki G said...

How fun and love the photo bombs...crack me up!

Dawn Turley said...

too cute Virginia and Alexia. Loved all of the photos. Did you get to see any of the America's Cup racing in San Francisco? We've been watching all the races here in NZ. Your foggy photo reminded me of one of the days racing.

Laura B. said...

Oh to be Alexia!!! I'm most jealous of that huge chocolate bar, wow! Your photo bomb is the best one, though!!!

donna mikasa said...

Lucky Alexia traveling with the Lus! Looks like the photo bomb with Cinderella is everyone's fave! Thanks, always for sharing!

Barb Ghig said...

Thanks so much for sharing all these great pics with us, Alexia! And, no more complaining about that cold window sill, or I will take your place, just to have all those wonderful vacations with the Lu's! Oh, and their amazing hospitality, too (I hear Virginia is a great cook)!

Thanks for making me smile, Virginia! I'm so glad your vacation was so much fun...your were missed!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Great post! So fun!

Maureen Morton said...

This is the most traveled little bomber around.....want to see his passport! Your pics brought smiles, Virginia. Thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

What a fab post, Alexia! Thank you for the tour! I love all the photos but am really glad you shared the one of Virginia at the end - so funny!!! :)

conil said...

So glad Alexia hi-jacked the blog to show these great pics...she's a funny girl.

Linda R said...

So many great photos. I LOVE California. Thanks Alexia for showing off your trip to California.

Hugs~

lenny said...

Such a funny post!! Looove your photos!! wow!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Not that California is another country, but I've decided that Alexia needs her own passport, she lives such the life of leisure! I love the photobomb of Cinderella too!

alexandra s.m. said...

hahahahahahahaha....these posts will ALWAYS move me to the core and make me laugh out loud! The bonus is that we get to travel with Alexia! You are the BEST!!!


Hugs~

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Awww! Thanks Alexia! I enjoyed reading your report on that fabulous trip! Thanks for sharing!

Joni nina Andaya said...

Love this! What great photos Virginia..looks like you had so much fun :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a stitch, Virginia! Just love this fun post with all your great trip photos!!

Paula S. said...

What a fun post this is! :)

Jennifer said...

What an awesome trip an post! Thanks for sharing, I've been wanting to go to the Disney Family Muesum since it opened but haven't made any trips north yet. And yummmmm Boudin sourdough, oh my mouth is drooling!

ivy said...

isn't SF amazing? I miss all the different neighborhoods! and I remember as a child, going to Chinatown and when passing the fortune cookie shops, the smell would be heavenly! great pictures!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Haha, cute! I love your photos with Alexia!!! We have an Ugly Doll we do this with, so fun! ...and what a fab trip, it seems like you had the most marvelous time. And you are sooo cute photo-bombing! Girl you make Cindy look good! :)