Saturday, January 12, 2013

Doing a little tangle or two....

Hello! How is your weekend so far? I have been on the creative drive since I got back from the trip. I can' stop crafting--making cards and layouts every day! Life can't get better than that!
Today I am sharing a CAS card that I made for the little tangles challenge (details here). Have you tried using digital image? Little Tangles provides a free darling digie image! I had so much fun playing with them!

I printed out the image and flipped one of them, that way they look like a pair facing each other! Then I colored them with copics. I am no expert on making CAS cards although I do make lots of them. I like simple styles, but then I also like DETAILS. I think this card depicts my style....

A piece of leftover strip paper (serenade from Basic Grey) was used as the base. The rest are just simple stamping and faux stitching ( the two lines). 
happy day
 The great things about using digital images is that they are instant! You can enlarge, reduce and flip the images to your liking. Try the free ones (see here) and have fun! Do print the images out first on scrap paper and see if you like the sizing and then make changes to suit your crafting needs. 

Here's what's ahead over Hero Arts Blog! I will hop along with my hostess alumnae!  

Thanks for stopping by!

32 comments:

Cindy C. said...

They are too cute!

Barb said...

Love this adorable card, V! Your birdies are the CUTEST! Can't wait for the hop! :)

lenny said...

This is so ADORABLE!!!
Great card, Virginia!!

Linda R said...

What an adorable card. Those little Chickie's are so cute.. Happy crafting my friend.

Kim S said...

Everything is SO cute but his little scarf just makes the card!

Barb Ghig said...

I love your cute card! These images are so much fun...thanks for sharing your ideas with us!

Lynn said...

Oh so cute. Love the sweet little bow and touch of twine.

Miriam Prantner said...

Totally adorable! Love the little scarf that you get the boy birdies and the stitching, just perfect. So glad you played along at Little Tangles!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow how cute is this?! I love how you made two of them just by flipping the image! I also love the stitching! Do you hand stitch or do you use a machine? My Birthday is coming up soon so I was thinking about asking for a small sewing machine, but I wasn't sure if I would use it enough... anywho enough rambling, love your card! HUGS!
Lisa

Suzanne said...

Ohhhh my, Virginia! The twine scarf is toooo cute! I love this card! I've only ever worked with digi images a couple of time but I will check them out. I can't wait to see your project for the hop! Hope all is well and that you're having a fun weekend!

pamela said...

This is sooo cute!

Rose said...

cuteness to the max!!! love the stitching for the wire that the little guys are on :)

Maureen Morton said...

At first I thought you were talking about doing the TANGO, Virginia! I must have dancing on my mind. Ha! Love these "tweet" little guys....I have not done digital, so I need to check it out. That stitching rocks, BTW.

Julia Aston said...

What a cute card! love the branches you faux stitched and the sweet colorful birds!

Tasnim said...

Aww isn't this absolutely adorable!! Live the twine ! So so so cute!!! >_<

Tracey McNeely said...

Virginia those little bidies are so tweet! A lovely CAS card.

Danielle said...

Oh, Virginia! This is the sweetest CAS card, and I love the little details like the stitching! Thank you for joining us at Little Tangles :)

Sheila H said...

I love the faux stitching and the popped up birds! This is a sweet card :)

Sheila H said...

Virginia, congratulations on your win at the Hero Arts blog!

Dawn Turley said...

Adorable Virginia.

Mary Ann said...

Very cute card...

Katie said...

Your little birdies are super-cute. Love them. Glad you are getting to spend so much time creating. Can't wait to see what else you are doing.

Melissa Shea said...

I love it! And in my world, you're a CAS expert! You always have the best details too, like this stitched branch. So cute!

Brenda said...

Such a cutie Virginia!

Robin K. said...

This is darling Virginia!!! I never use digii images- you make it look and sound so easy I really should give it a try! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Tracy said...

SO cute Virginia. Thanks for playing along :)

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is super duper cuteness!!! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles challenge!!!

Cathy A said...

Loving his twine scarf

Kelly Griglione said...

Very "tweet" card, Virginia! So glad to hear of your fun at the craft table recently. That's the nice thing about breaks, right? You come back so energized.

donna mikasa said...

Congratulations on being a Lovely Little Tangle! So adorable, Virginia! I love the little details you add to your CAS cards that is definitely your style!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a precious birdie card!

Alice Wertz said...

you make fab CAS cards, girl! love the faux stitching as branches and those little birds are just too cute! super card!