Monday, July 2, 2012

Thinking of You Cards

 Did you check out my new "How I  Stretch My Stamps" series? Check it out at my top side bar if you haven't!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Among all types of cards that I make, I enjoy making "Thinking of You" cards the most. They can be happy, mellow, fun, cute, sweet...anything you want it to be. Today I am sharing two of them.
At home, thinking of you
Card stock: Bazzill (Sand Stone), Eggshell Layering paper, Grenadine Layering Paper (Hero Arts), kraft (Recollections)
 Stamps: Newspaper Background, Right At home by Hero Arts
Inks: Cup O’Joe Shadow Ink, Hero Hue (Punch) Chalk Ink, Soft Sand Shadow Ink, Hero Hue Dye Ink (Black) by Hero Arts,
Accessories: small pearls by Hero arts, 3-D Dots by EK Success 


1.    Make card from card stock
2.    Stamp Newspaper Background in Punch color, then stamp the house in black, then cut out
3.    Stamp and mask the houses in Soft Sand
4.    Stamp sentiment and hearts
5.    Add pop dots for the house. Add the pearls to hearts


We can never have too many thinking of you cards. Here is another one with a more subtle color combo. 
just missing you
I stamped in two tone colors and somehow it worked quite well with the sentiment. If you look carefully, the sentiment has two stamped images. Supplies and instructions are listed below. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Card Stock: white (Recollections), Bazzill Basics
Stamp: Newsprint Bird, Type (sentiment) by Hero Arts
Ink: Hero Hue (black) Dye Ink, distress Ink (Antique Linen) by Ranger
Tools: Fiskars Squeeze Punch
Fibers: Earth Ribbons by Hero Arts
Accessories: Pearls by Hero Arts, Perfect Pearl Dimensional Glue (for the eye)

Make card from card stock 
Stamp Antique Linen (in center) and Black Dye Ink (around the image)
      Cut strips of card stocks into thin pieces, stamp the sentiment
      Arrange the small strips of paper under the bird 
      Add the knotted ribbons and pearls 

 Two weeks ago, my daughter Stephanie was the official photographer at an Indian-Jewish wedding
 It's a extravagant 3-day wedding event, here are photo #1 and photo #2 of all the 1800 photos that she took. The bride and groom are so pleased with her beautiful photography!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

33 comments:

Barb said...

Love both cards, V! You're right, we can never have too many thinking of you cards. Love that you made a newspaper house - so fun! And I always love when you use that adorable bird - the subtle colors are so pretty! :)

shirley-bee said...

Love the cards, Virginia, especially the second one. I like the way you've used two colours on the bird, and the shadow stamping on the sentiment. Last time I tried that I felt like I needed to adjust my set! Must try harder. Stephanie's photos are sensational, no wonder the happy couple were pleased with them. What a talented family you are.

Dawn said...

Great cards Virginia. Love the newspaper bird with the double stamped sentiment. And Stephanie's photos are just stunning.. What a talent! I can't believe how incredible they are. No wonder the bride and groom were pleased.

Lynn said...

Wow! I love your cards (especially the bricks on the second one) but WOW. I love the pictures you shared from Stephanie. They are amazing. She has incredible talent.

Donna Bowman said...

Gorgeous cards Virginia! Love how you stamped the bird in two colors!

Sheila H said...

Your daughter's photos are quite beautiful. I love thinking of you cards. Both of these are great. I especially like your bird and the way you grounded him on the card.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

The first card with the houses is wonderful! Love the colors and the houses in the bg!

Kathy Martin said...

These are precious! Love the bird! :)

Brenda said...

Wonderful cards. I love the clean lines and the colors on both cards. I took a peak at your daughters photos; she is such a very talented photographer!

joy said...

Love both of your cards, Virginia! The newspaper bird is one of my favorite stamps, too.

jintyoo7 said...

BOth cards are wonderful, Virginia? Love how you stamped the sentiment twice. Great design on the row of houses, with the backgrounds just being an outline :)

Angi said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the birdie!

Lin said...

Another interesting post, V! Love your cards, of course, and Stephanie's photos are wonderful! Our youngest's best friend had a similar wedding, and I loved looking at all the pictures!

Annette said...

I love how you used the two tone on the bird card...looks amazing...and I so love how you masked the houses...both cards are amazing..

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards are wonderful!!!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful cards! Love the two tone on the bird....

Mirta Sanchez said...

Superb! I love them both! Love the colors on the first one, love the "bricks" on the second one. Great series!

MarcyK924 said...

Fabulous cards, V! Love the masking you did on the first card - so cool! And that bird on the second card sitting on the "brick" is awesome!

Checked out Stephanie's photos - OMG! How GORGEOUS! The picture of the bride in the 2nd photo is magazine-worthy! WOW!

BabyBokChoy said...

terrific series on how to stretch out the stamp sets! great cards!

Melissa Shea said...

Cute! Love the pearls coming out of the chimney! And that bird, I must get that bird. Every time I see him I smile :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Both are adorable cards! I love the little houses! Stephanie's photos are gorgeous too!

Nona said...

Both cards are absolutely beautiful, Virginia! Love the newspaper print house on the first, and the subtlety and neutral colors on the second. And wow, your daughter is truly talented. Love her gorgeous photos :)

Linda R said...

Love these.. They are to cute. And that bird stamp just makes me smile.

Hugs~

Robin K. said...

Wow! Apple didn't fall far from the tree-your daughter is soooo talented like her mom:). Love the masked houses in your first card and the subtle colors and design of the second.

sandie said...

like the idea of printing the newsprint and how you stamped the bird image-2 more great ideas to file for future use!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fab cards, Virginia! And your daughters pics are gorgeous! What a talent!

Monika Reeck said...

Both are so creative V, love the first one and the second too...you have always great idea....hugs

~amy~ said...

love your stampy creativeness! BOTH of your cards are wonderful and the first one has me simply inspired!

okay, WOW...your daughter is an EXcellent photographer...I literally gasped when I saw both of the pics you so wonderfully shared! gorgeous work!!!!

Karen B. said...

Virginia, these cards are absolutely amazing! You are so kind to share your creative process with the rest of us! Love love love the house card, just something about it that rings true to me. Sorry I've missed a couple of posts, my folks are in town and computer time is limited.

Alice Wertz said...

love the pearl and heart detail on the first card and the two tone stamping on the second one gives such depth. wonderful work, Virginia!

Bethany said...

pretty cards! I love the subtle color scheme on the 2nd card...so lovely!

chrystinanoel.com said...

I love the way you faded the houses into the background!!

Jessica Pak said...

Just wanted you to know that I absolutely LOVE this card idea! So cute and sweet. I even featured it in a recent blog post (all credits to you, of course) and included a link to this post. =) Keep up the great/beautiful work!

-Jessi Pak
www.jessipak.com