Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A LOVE Card

 Happy 4th of July, my American friends! God Bless America!

Just in case you need a little love today, here is one of my favorite romantic comedies "Knotting Hill"! Can't believe that it was back in 1999 when the movie came out! Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant were at their best ( especially their physical features)!! This video is quite cute!
Now how about a little card to go along with the post?
love to you
Card stock: Hero Arts Earth Layering paper
Stamps: Newspaper Eiffel Tower by Hero Arts, Jet Setter by Studio Calico
Inks: Hero Hues (Wet Cement, Punch, Stone Wash), Soft Brown Shadow Ink by Hero Arts, Distress Ink (Antique Linen) by Ranger
Distress Inks (Fire Brick, Barn Door and Faded Jeans) by Ranger
Accents: SRM Press, white strings (Michaels), Pearl (Hero Arts)
Tool: Exacto knife, Martha Stewart Circle Punch

1.    Make card from card stock
2.    Stamp the background in Soft Brown, Punch and Stone Wash
3.    Stamp the Eiffel Tower and cut out the image with the help of Exacto knife,
4.    Apply Distress Ink to the edges of the Eiffel Tower
5.    Add sentiment to circle and attach it to the Tower with strings, add pearl              
 I am linking this card up to Moxie Fab World's Stamp It Love Card Challenge (details here ).
I will be back tomorrow with some exciting guest design work!

 
edited: here is the guest design work that I am talking about....  :)

22 comments:

Jennifer said...

Virginia-- fabulous!! I love all the details -- all the background stamping and the air mail striping and that saying is my favorite!!

And thanks for the video clip -- for sure a favorite! Who doesn't love Notting Hill?!?!?

TFS! :)

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, V! and thanks for the video, can't believe it's been around for so long either.

Monika Reeck said...

Schade V, the video in Deutschlan nict verfügbar Ich kann nicht sehen :)

Love the simplicity on your card...lovely card Virginia...you have always great idea...

Dawn said...

Totally awesome Virginia. Such a pretty card.

Lynn said...

Virginia! I'm in love with your love card :) I adore how you created the border...the worlds being the Eiffel Tower. Simply fabulous!

Annette said...

this is fabulous...I love the stamped background...such a fun design..love it...

Barb said...

What a beautiful card, V! I love the way you stamped the background, ans the little sentiment tag is perfect hanging from your gorgeous Eiffel Tower! :)

cnelson said...

Perfectly FABULOUS in EVERY way!

Angi said...

Love that movie. Your card is fab!

kerenbaker said...

Brilliant card! Those stamps are lovely -love the different Coloured stamping! A bit of romance is always a good thing!

MarcyK924 said...

I LOVE this card, V!! Beautiful colors and I love how you popped the tower off the card! XO

sandie said...

this is gorgeous and the video was a reminder of years gone by-I used to work in Notting Hill! And I got engaged in Paris on the river Seine with the Eiffel Tower in the background-so for me your card is not only stunning but a little bit of happiness!

Mirta Sanchez said...

Love the Frenchiness! C'est ci bon! Well done, VL, as always!!
I remember going to the theater to see that movie! WOW, can't believe it's been so long!

Lindsey said...

Speaking of love -- love this card! Congrats on your latest GDT!

Robin K. said...

I can't believe it's been that long since that movie came out!! Love the design of your card-especially that little tag hanging from the Eiffel tower! Congrats on your guest designer spot!

Lisa Arana said...

you are such an inspiration my dear. I just caught up on your recent posts and you just blow me away every time.

Lisa Lara said...

Congratulations Virginia on being GD at Clear and Simple Stamps. I love your featured card. Love this Paris card with the air mail border.

Alice Wertz said...

awwwww..... this is gorgeous, VIrginia!!! fabulous background stamping and design!

Vicky said...

What a beautiful card! Love all about it!!! And the way you attached the sentiment is genious!
Haven't visited your blog for a while since I am on summer vacation and from what I see you've been busy!!! So many wonderful creations!!! Your blog is so inspiring my friend!

stamplover2011 said...

Beautiful card and Awesome video!! Thank you for putting a smile on my face this morning!! :)

Bethany said...

such great colors on the card! Congrats on the guest designing!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Love Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)