Sunday, July 8, 2012

How I Stretch My Stamps (Series 3)

 This is my 3rd installment of the series "How I stretch my stamps. Here is post #1 and post #2 and booster post , in case you miss seeing them. 

Tip #3: Back-stamping will get you some extra mileage. What you do is to turn the clear stamp to the back and use that solid image. You kind of have to choose certain stamps because this technique may not work with all the clear stamps and will not work with wooden stamps. This idea originated from the the talented Lisa Spangler from Hero Arts if I recalled correctly. I had used this little trick numerous times. First you stamp the backing of the stamp with colored inks, and then you stamp the actual image over the colored images.
Congrats!
This following card also use the backing of the stamps. That way you do not have to worry about coloring! 
CAS (Lawnscaping)
It really fun to stamp the design out in a creative way.
For this following card, I used the acrylic block (stamp on distress ink and mist it with water, then stamp) to create color blocking for the background.
 sending hugs
Tip #4: look for a good design in stamps.  
 You will be amazed what you can achieve with a versatile stamp. What is a good design for a stamp, you ask!? I am using the Row of Houses stamp to illustrate this idea. 
you can use one house as the main image
CONGRATS!
 Make a window and show a house of your choice
Just Saying...(outside)
 You can create a neighborhood
just saying hello
You can use it as a faded background
I remembered your birthday!
  or use the stamp as it is! 
 Thank you (tubes)
Need I say more!? This is definitely a versatile stamp! 
Hopefully this prompt you to look at your stamps in a different but creative way! There is still time to play the challenge. Not only we can share the fun and inspiration, a random winner will receive $25 gift certificate.
 Thanks so much for the visit!
Edited: Please mention in your post that you are linking it to "How I Stretch My Stamps" and feel free to use the text bird logo.




29 comments:

Vic Lau said...

Wow! I love this series of posts so much-I'm learning so much! :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Loving this series and I def. have to try tip #3! That is awesome and can't wait to see the result!

Rachel W K said...

i've tried this technique a couple times (after seeing it on hero arts blog!) but not been nearly as successful as you! I loooove the sentiment stamps, I will definitely be trying that one asap. thanks!

Sheila H said...

Wow - this is a fantastic lesson! Thank you so very much for sharing your vast knowledge of stamping.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love what you did with the little houses, Virginia! I'm taking the latest online card class and we'll be stretching right along with you!

Miriam Prantner said...

This series is so great Virginia! It's really making me think. You are such a whiz with your stamps!

Robin K. said...

I definitely have to try tip #3! I had never thought of using this technique with sentiment stamps-I really like the outcome! Thanks for all the lovely inspiration Virginia!

Kara Lynne said...

I'm loving this series, Virginia! I just got that row of houses and now I know what to do with it!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for your series and inspiration. And thank you for doing for free! =)

Barb said...

I am so enjoying this series, V! Fantastic post tonight! Amazing cards! You have always been so good at "stretching your stamps!" You inspire me! :)

Laura B. said...

Great ideas! Gotta try the back stamping!

shirley-bee said...

You're really making us think outside the box (or stamp) today, Virginia! I love the neighbourhood card. And I love the bauble card, I will definitely be trying that technique.

LittleSunday said...

Thank you for these really clever and beautiful ideas!

Vicky said...

Great ideas all in one place combined with amazing cards! What more to ask for inspiration?! TFS!

Karen said...

great card...good ideas too...always forget about using the back sides of my stamps...
thanks....

Maureen Morton said...

I just couldn't wait for this next "issue" of your great series! Love all the wonderful (free) ideas! You are so good to us! I mentioned you and the series in my blog today. Thanks a TON!

BabyBokChoy said...

Fantastic ideas and you are so so so prolific!

sandie said...

what great ideas. I especially like the idea of stamping the cack of the stamp, fab idea and one I am bound to use x

MarcyK924 said...

WOW, fab techniques,V!! I'm SO enjoying your series and have been playing along with you! TFS!!

Mirta Sanchez said...

Virginia, you sure do have SKILLS!!
I love the house cards especially because I have that stamp! I need to get it out! AWESOME!

Bethany said...

wow Virginia...I love that idea, to stamp with the back of a clear stamp! I'm gonna have to try that one :) I really like the 3rd card in the post: it's lovely and so pretty!

Melissa Shea said...

You have the best ideas! I love how you have several examples. Adorable cards, all of them!

Lalo said...

I LOVE them all. Oh Virginia you have been busy!!! SO many ideas (my fave is that house background stamp)!!! Your so uber super talented :)

Suzanne Russell said...

LOVE your series of cards using the row of houses! Great ideas (as always) thanks for the inspiration! :)

donna mikasa said...

Genius. Pure. Genius.

Alice Wertz said...

it's such a treat to see all those beautiful cards all at once, V!!! you put so much work into this series and thanks so much for the inspiration! i just adore your work, girl!

Alice Wertz said...

it is ok to link up older cards?

Jennifer said...

Virginia -- I'm in love with that ornament card -- what a clever idea! I'm totally going to give that a try!! And the color-blocked card... fabulous! So pretty!!! :)

Love this series, by the way! You go, girl! :)

chrystinanoel.com said...

I absolutely love the "Sending Love Your Way" card - and I really like what you tied onto the party favors(?) in the last picture. The homemade feature definitely adds a lot to it. Happy Friday!!