Sunday, July 1, 2012

How I Stretch My Stamps ( Series 2)

Welcome to "How I Stretch My Stamp" Series! 

 Every Sunday, I have a series of "How I stretch my stamps". It's a 5-part series that started last Sunday. Basically I made a selections of my cards and share the ideas with you. If you miss the series #1, you can check it out here.  In the past, I had taken stamping classes a few times, but I have never taught stamping myself. So these are just some of the BASIC ideas that I tried and it seemed to work for me. By no means that I know more than some of you, yes, YOU---the talented stamper out there! I would love it if you can contribute your ideas by linking up your cards and share your post with our fellow card-makers! Isn't this the best thing about card-making blog? Let's share and inspire and be inspired! 
Onto the cards today....

Tip #2--Stamping repeatedly is a good thing! 
Just Saying Hello
One stamp does it all. Masking is a good technique to use!
 Merci (1)
But the fussy-cutting can be quite fun, too!
JOY
By using the same tree image, you can create a forest (much easier than in real life)! A group of different sizes of butterflies can look pretty impressive, too!
get well
One little ornament stamp can do so much.....
 have a beary christmas
Paper-piecing is a great option for grouping repeated images.
thanks so much, you rock!
One little drum image, you've got yourself a band!
 (Please note that if you want more information about the card, just click on the photo and it will take you to my Flickr site )
So what do you think? If this inspire you, I love to see your take! Inlinkz is provided below, please link up your work and share with the fellow bloggers/stampers. It does not have to be a new creation, as long as you show how YOU stretch your stamps, you are more than welcome to link it up. A winner will be chosen randomly at the end of the challenge.
Prize: $25 Gift Certificate

 This challenge will run for a month and will allow us to have plenty of time to join the fun. I will be posting more ideas and keep the theme going.
Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadian friends!
THANKS
Since we are bilingual, we have to make a French version, of course! 
merci
 Are you ready? Set? Stamp!
Edited: Please mention in your post that you are linking it to "How I Stretch My Stamps" and feel free to use the text bird logo.



28 comments:

Barb said...

I love multiple stamping - I've done it myself quite often in the past, but not lately. Love all your example cards, V! I'll be joining in this fun challenge for sure! :)

Laura B. said...

So many beautiful cards full of great inspiration! I'm gonna have to try some of your ideas! Happy Canada Day, too! Hope you have a fun one!

alexandra s.m. said...

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!

I love your ideas Virginia!
So inspiring ;-))

Thank You~

Dawn said...

Great post Virginia. All lovely examples. I like using multiple stamping as well. Makes a great background.

kerenbaker said...

Happy Canada day! Canada has a special place in my heart thanks to Anne of Green Gables. Really love your first Canadian card- such a great design. All yor examples are really inspiring and a great reminder to rethink my stamp stash!

Gayatri said...

Great examples, Virginia! I love repetitions as well. I love to make backgrounds using repetitions. Should give masking a try. Thanks for the awesome inspirations :)

Lalo said...

not Canadian but HAPPY CANADA DAY! Love these ideas and all the cards are just super :)

Jocelyn said...

Great ideas!

Lin said...

Love all your examples, Virginia! Must keep your ideas in mind when I'm stuck for creativity!

Karen said...

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadian!! I am enjoying you wonderful cards and so many have linked up some fab creations too...thanks for all the inspiration!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the Canada cards!!! Fun, fun tips, we can always learn...

~amy~ said...

Love it...great ideas! happy canada day!

Lynn said...

Happy Canada Day...this post shows yet again how amazingly talented you are and how versatile your style is. Love, love, love them all!

sandie said...

thanks for all these ideas. I had to check out post with the shell card-love all those cards and the masking is great.

Brenda said...

Thanks for the inspiration Virginia! And happy Canada Day to you!

Melissa Shea said...

I love that you have several examples, it really get the concept through my think head! I think the butterfly card is just gorgeous. So bold and beautiful! Happy Canada Day to you!

MarcyK924 said...

Oh V, I remember all of your gorgeous cards! I don't think I've done multiple stamping, so I'm off to try my hand at it! I have all day to play! Thanks SO much for all your inspiration and Happy Canada Day! Hugs, Marcy xoxo

Robin K. said...

Thanks for the wonderful inspiration! I will definitely have to give this a try! Happy Canada Day to you and congrats on your recent pub in Stamp It! Just picked up my copy today-love your card!

Vic Lau said...

Thanks for the great ideas :) I can't wait for the next part to the stamping series.

Maureen Morton said...

Oh happy Canada Day! One year we were at Niagara Falls for it and it was spectacular. Love your repeated stamping techniques....so nice to see one of my all time favorites again, too. When I love all things ocean and French, I so adore that "merci" shell card! It is so sweet of you to put together this great series....you delight!

Susan F. said...

Happy Canada Day! These cards are all beautiful. So many ideas. :)

Sheila H said...

Happy Canada Day! I like multiple stamping. I've done it before, but not as well as you have. Thanks again, Virginia. This is a great lesson.

Romaine said...

Happy Canada Day! My goodness! I have so much to cat h up on! I have made multiple stamp cards- I think? Now I will have to look and see! Still have to share with your first lesson! LOVING the series!

Nona said...

Happy Canada Day, Virginia! All amazing and inspiring cards. I can't remember if I've tried repetitive stamping, but would love to especially after seeing your gorgeous cards :)

Linda R said...

Oh Yes.. I am very inspired here. All your card look amazing. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hugs~

Alice Wertz said...

thanks for the inspiration!!!! i can't stop staring at your beautiful cards, V!! and your Canada Day cards are gorgeous, too!

Bethany said...

I LOVE the first Canada day card Virginia! Very pretty and gorgeous!

chrystinanoel.com said...

Stamping repeatedly... so easy and so intense at the same time. Thanks for the tips :)

I don't think I stamp enough, I just use a lot of paper, but if I keep reading this blog you're definitely going to inspire me to buy more inks...