Tuesday, July 3, 2012

How I Stretch My Stamps (Booster Post)

 Hello! Are you liking the series "How I stretch My Stamps:? I am adding an extra post for the series. In case you find it too long to wait for EVERY Sunday for the series to come. Here is one that may give you some "food" for thought....

Today we are going to talk about one specific kind of stamp-Silhouette stamp. Are you intimidated by these type of stamps? I thought I was when I first got these type of stamps. But the more I play with them, the more comfortable I get and the more fun I have.  This one particular stamp called Merriest Christmas Wish  is chosen as our focus of study today.
It is such a sweet stamp. Don't you think? The followings are my first take on this stamp
set of 2 (1)
With the kissing technique, the images look so amazing with the Music Background.
set of 2 (2)
When Christmas comes and gone again, the stamp has certainly done its job and can retire for the season, right? Not. so. fast. I love the stamp so much and didn't want to part with it, so I made a "Thinking of You" card.  Give it a different color, the theme can easily vary!
sending HUGS
Not bad, huh? But wait, that's it, right? No...there are more possibilities, if you make it happen. They are great as book marks!
you brighten my day
and then there are more....
just saying hello
And then I made one more!
19. Remember..I am here for you

So what do you think? This stamp is not just for Christmas, is it?  I hope this post inspires you! Please link up your inspired card to the top sidebar! It's so fun to share the ideas and inspiration with you. I am looking forward to sharing some guest design work (with brand NEW stamps--hint hint!).
  Edited: Please mention in your post that you are linking it to "How I Stretch My Stamps" and feel free to use the text bird logo.


32 comments:

Laura B. said...

Wow, Virginia! Each card gets better and better! You are having such a tremendous response to your challenges!!! I must play, soon!!!

Ann said...

Wowza, these are AWESOME, Virginia! I need to get crackin' & play around with my stamps, too!

yyam said...

Wow! You are so inspiring Virginia. These are amazing! I really should stop hoarding my stamps!

Barb said...

This post definitely inspires me! I just need to find more time to play! Love every single one of these, V! That last one with the blue and brown is awesome! :)

N@ said...

what a great post, lovely inspiration! i LOVE those christmas ones!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for this extra post! Silhouette stamps do scare me a bit but what you've done with your is so inspiring. I love all the cards you made with it, my favorite being the kissing technique with the sheet music.

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous cards, Virginia. I will be looking at all my Christmas stamps with a keener eye from now on! (And my non-Christmas stamps to use at Christmas.)

Dawn said...

this is one of my favourite Christmas stamps Virginia. Like how you have used it for non-Christmas cards. Great ideas.

Lynn said...

Definitely not just for Christmas....absolutely stunning!

lenny said...

Wow! I love your cards!
Thanks for sharing this,
food for thought, indeed!
I love how you used this
stamp set for a lot of occasions!!
Nice! Nice! Nice!

Donna Bowman said...

Love all the ways you used this cute stamp Virginia! Great variety of beautiful cards!

onecraftymama said...

Love these any-time variations on this stamp, Virginia! That reminds me of one of my posts I can link up - and maybe I should go find some of my Christmas stamps & see what I can see!

~amy~ said...

amazing...I so very love this feature of yours!

Wee Von said...

I love your idea of "stretching stamps" Thank you so much for sharing with us! I look forward every week.

Sheila H said...

Another great lesson - thanks, Virginia! I especially like the kissing technique you used here. I'm eagerly awaiting more from you.

Barb King said...

Virgina, I am so glad you posted this! I have that set, and I've yet to use it, because of that very reason! I love these examples, I am going to try this right away. You are fab! Barb

Lin said...

One of my favorite stamps, Virginia! LOVE it in blue and brown!!

Cassie_lu said...

Love this stamp and have been wanting it for some time. May be time to get it.

Brenda said...

Thank you, Virginia. I am starting to look at the few stamps that I own, in a different way. I think they might just offer endless possibilities.

Jennifer said...

Holy cow, Virginia! Very creative, very inspiring! Loved the two-toned images! That was a lot of ideas in one little post! :)

Lindsey said...

It's great to see how versatile -- and beautiful -- a stamp that *could* be just for Christmas can be!

Susan F. said...

These are so nice! I love how you have taken the same image and made such a variety of items. The bookmarks are on my favorites list. :)

Chunyuan said...

love the different technique and layout you used for each card. Such a fun challenge. Looking forward to the guest design work.

cnelson said...

wowowowow!!! What an amazing stamp! You have sure showcased it FABULOUSLY! You are ALWAYS and INSPIRATION!

Lalo said...

You really stretched that stamp!!! They all look fab too!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Great post my Friend!
So inspirational!!
and look at all these wonderful submissions...
Bravo to all!

Edna said...

Wow, what a wonderful job, you make it more than it supposed to be, how can you do them? huh? I love the technique, and the texture in the last picture. Love them all.

Monika Reeck said...

I am surprise come to your blog and I heard music (I have turned it done dear and now I dont know how to put the music again on my Blog :-) LOL) Love all card with one and only the same stamp...are all beautifull V...hugs

Alice Wertz said...

i remember these! really like how you have been using this one. love love them all!

Bethany said...

such lovely cards Virginia! I love the 2nd to last card...such a great CAS card!

Linda Beeson said...

I wouldn't have thought to use that stamp with all of those color choices, everyone of your examples is wonderful. My favorite is the colors in the bookmarks.

Darnell J Knauss said...

You not only inspired me, I have that exact stamp, so I'm even MORE inspired, ha! Thank you!