Tuesday, June 5, 2012

TWO Rainbow-themed Cards!

Are you tired of my rainbow-themed cards in my blog (see the challenge on the side bar)? I hope you are not, because here are some more! I will also enter the following cards for the Play Along with Gallery Idol Flickr Group.
This month's Hero Arts Challenge is to make Thinking of You card. Perfect!

 One of my favorite stamping technique is Emboss Resist. I love how great the inking looks against the white embossing.
just missing U
Card stock: Bazzill Basics Paper
Cling Stamp: Alphabet Background (Hero Arts)
Clear Stamp: Type (sentiment, Hero Arts)
Ink: Versamark, Distress Ink (Fire Brick, Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Bundled Sage, Broken China), Versafine (Onyx Black)
Embossing Powder: Stampendous (Detailed, white)
Tool: Martha Stewart 1”circle punch, Distress Ink Applicator (Ranger), Paper-piercer (Making Memories)
Accents: Sakura black pen (fine), Heart Accent Pearl (Hero Arts), 3-D Pop Dots (1/16”)by EK Success

1.     Make card from card stock
2.     Stamp and emboss Alphabet Background,
3       stamp the letter U in Versafine black and punch out with the circle punch
4       Apply distress inks in rainbow color order, trim the image to 4 ¼ x 4 ¼, assemble
5       Stamp, cut and layer the sentiment with black card stock with the pop dots
6       To add faux stitching, simply piece holes and connect with a black pen, add the red pearl on top of the letter U

And if that was not enough, I decide to make a one layer card
you color my world
I used Clear and Simple Stamps called Craft Room to create this colorful one layer card. I used the backing of the marker stamp to create the colorful design. One little stamp and one sentiment are all you need. The Perfect Pearl Dimensional Glue (white) for the extra interest.

I hope these technicolor did not blind you in any way.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

39 comments:

Barb said...

No blinding going on here - I love them both, Virginia! The bright, bold colors on the first one are fab, and I love the way you used the back of the stamp on your second card! Fun post tonight! :)

Vic Lau said...

Your cards amaze me every time :)

Annette said...

wow these are both amazing...love all the color and great embossing...You are a star...

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Absolutely wonderful - this time too (-:
Have a great day, hugs, Karin

yyam said...

Amazing cards Virginia! You are sooooooo good with bright bold colours. :)

Laura B. said...

I never ever ever ever get tired of rainbow cards! I'm so in love with the emboss resist card! It's a stunner!

Nona said...

Wow, you are totally rockin' these rainbow cards, Virginia! Love the vibrant and stunning look of your first card, and the one-layer design of your second one. Hope you have a great week!

Dawn said...

I really love the bright colours on your first resist card Virginia. The pop against the white is great. Your second card is very cleverly done.

onecraftymama said...

I never get tired of rainbows :) Love the crisp embossing on the resist card - so gorgeous! and I love the clever inking on the second - great way to increase your stamp collection!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

I love rainbow cards and these are wonderful!

Lynn said...

Keep those rainbow cards coming! Love that they are two different styles yet equally stunning! Gorgeous!

Miriam Prantner said...

I will NEVER get tired of you and rainbows! Love that first card. The piercing is the perfect touch on that and I love the bit of bling on the second! Keep em coming!

Karen said...

LOVE it Virginia....such happy cards...

Jennifer said...

Great post tonight, Virginia! I love these cards! The emboss resist is so eye-catching! and the one-layer card -- How cute is that??? (Do you know - I don't think I have ever done a one-layer card?!? Ha! They are so intimidating to me!!!)

Bethany said...

such lovely cards Virginia! I love the embossing resist! So very pretty! The heart is a sweet touch :)

joy said...

The emboss resist card is stunning, Virginia! LOVE it!

alexandra s.m. said...

I'm laughing again Virginia!
You crack me up!
Love both cards and not I'm not tired of all the rainbow colors you are sharing with us!
Keep them coming ;-))

Vicky said...

Great designs!! You really rock the rainbow challenges!

cnelson said...

These are BOTH AMAZING!!! I'm sooooooo AWED by your talent!! WOW!

Lin said...

This flickr group is such a good idea! Love your cards, especially that first one!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Keep those rainbows coming!! Beautiful color inspiration Virginia!

kerenbaker said...

Who could ever tire of beautiful colours. You answered my question about how you made the crayons- very clever!! Love both of these- rainbowtiful!

Mirta Sanchez said...

WELL DONE! AGAIN!
Love the resist-will definitely try this technique!
I love visiting your blog!

Sue McRae said...

Two very fun and colourful designs!

Lindsey said...

Not blinding at all... perfect!

Linda R said...

No blinding here either.. Just popped my sunglasses on.. Hee Hee... Not really.. Love your cards so colorful and fun..

Hugs~

Christiana said...

Both of these are so fun and vibrant! Great job.

Kathy (krolski) said...

I'm blinded with inspiration!! Love how creative your cards are and of course I love all the colors! Fabulous cards! Keep them coming! :)

Kara Lynne said...

Can't resist the embossed resist! Love the no-sew stitching, it looks so real. Very clever sentiment as well. Love your one-layer idea with the colors coming off the edges. Again, very clever using the backing of the stamp!

donna mikasa said...

Love your rainbow theme cards! Emboss resist is one of my fave techniques, too, and I LOVE the faux stitching idea! GENIUS! And using the BACK of your stamp to create the crayons is UBER GENIUS! I'm bowing to you.........

chrystinanoel.com said...

Your patience astounds me. Stamping that same crayon that many times. And your creativity - using the back side of the stamp. Love it. I love how when it's your craft environment you can get everything as messy as you want :)

Simone said...

These are both amazing Virginia! Your talent never ceases to amaze me!! Love visiting your blog everyday :)

Lalo said...

Okay both these are super FAB but oh my that embossing one just blew me away...so so so love that one!!!

Maureen Morton said...

No blinding - I just need my Virginia glasses! Always a treat to stop in here, sweetie! What a rainbow of delights. Thanks!

Lisa Arana said...

LOVE them both. But the first one is so eye catching.

Melissa Shea said...

I love your rainbow cards! Both are gorgeous, so vibrant. I love how you used the markers to get the inky image! You are one clever crafter :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

Nope, no blinding, Virginia! I love those bright colors! The first one has such a cool technique! The die cut window is a great detail. I love the pens, too! Super cute!

Anni said...

The first card is so B E A U T I F U L !
I like the second one but the first is my favorite!
Du hast einen wunderschönen Hintergrund gestaltet!
Liebe Grüße, Anni

Alice Wertz said...

love love seeing your rainbow cards, Virginia!!! keep them coming, please! love love these fab cards!