Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hello!!

 Well,  HELLO!!!! It's a hello card today,... and it's all about stamping! The latest Stamp It issue is out now. I am joining the fun over Moxie Fab World's challenge to create a Hello card with stamping as the main focus. If you have this issue, do check out the manly card on page 50---NOT to be missed (LOL)!! Honestly, I love all of my submissions for that Stamp It publication call, but that birthday card was my lucky one to get picked!!
18. hello sunshine (2)
Card stock: Bazzill Basics, kraft and white (Recollections)
Stamps: Farmer’s Market, Envelope Pattern by Hero Arts
Inks: Hero Hues (black) Dye ink, Soft Apricot Shadow Ink by Hero Arts
Accessories: SRM Press (sentiment), Perfect Pearl Dimensional Glue by Ranger
Fibers: ribbons (Sunshine, Earth, Foliage) by Hero Arts

1. Make card from card stock
2. Stamp the rooster image with apricot shadow ink. Stamp the envelope pattern with black ink and then make two stamps “kiss”
3. Then stamp the rooster onto white paper
4. Apply sentiment and dimensional glue on image, let dry
5. Add small loops of ribbons on top and bottom, adhere to card stock

So what do you think? Hope you are having a great day! Dr. John's office is going through some changes and I will be busier next week. If I don't stop by your blog in the next few days, you know I am busy slaving away at Dr. John's office...not because I am stamping (oh I wish!!). 

Here are the "How I Stretch My Stamps" challenge entries. Check them out while you here!




34 comments:

Jenny said...

So cute!! LOVE IT! And congrats!!! :) :)

Dawn said...

How awesome is that rooster. Great card and great entries in your stretch your stamps mini challenge.

Donna Bowman said...

Love your multicolored rooster Virginia! You stamped him perfectly! I just got that mag yesterday and plan to look at it sometime before I leave this gym in the next hour and a half-I'll be sure to check out a certain masculine card!

Lynn said...

I saw your gorgeous card in the magazine! Love, love, love what you did with the perfect pearls for this card!

Lalo said...

Such a super card...that colored chicken is fabulous!!! Don't have the stamp it issue YET but will check it out when I get it. Bet it'd fab too :)

Karen said...

you use colour so well....I know what you mean about being too busy and not having enough time to stamp but it is the long weekend coming up!!

~amy~ said...

LOVE it...I really like how you used the perfect pearls...I can never get mine to look so uniform!

Lin said...

LOVE this, V!! Such happy colors!!

Linda R said...

Congrats to you my friend.. Your card looks wonderful.. I just love your puffy dots.. Don't work to hard my friend.. :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

OK so I don't have this issue, but when I was at JoAnn's I was sneaking through and saw your card!!! YAY! Congrats this is so exciting!!! Do you own like 50 copies, because I so would and I'd be handing them out daily hehehehe! Love this card! The colors and the pearls on the tail is awesome!
Lisa

Wida said...

Love this card! The stamped rooster with the pearls is cool!

Sheila H said...

Wow - wonderful colors! This is a super card.

Laura B. said...

Gorgeous rooster with pearl accents!!

shirley-bee said...

Fab vibrant card, Virginia! I love the multicoloured rooster and his dotty tail.

Susan F. said...

I would have never thought I'd care for a card with a rooster on it but this is stunning! The color combination and the texture is beautiful. I love your creativity.

Chunyuan said...

saw your card in the magazine. Congrats. love the color rooster, perfect hello card.

Brenda said...

Seeing cards like this makes me consider becoming a stamper! It is so beautiful with those bright, cheerful colors.

Maureen Morton said...

This guy is simply brilliant - I can't wait to ply with these inks. Love the dimension, too. Congrats on the publication - you continue to rock (or roost?)- ha!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Fabulous cardVirginia - and it is so you!! I love when I know who made a card just by looking at it in a thumbnail!

Have a great day, hugs, Karin

Mirta Sanchez said...

That's some roostery goodness! LOVE your colors! And congratulations on getting your card picked up! Well done you!

Bethany said...

YEAH! It's a chicken card! Since I raise chickens and ducks, I love seeing anything with them on it. This is one wonderful card Virginia! I love the dots I love the dots on the rooster's tail!

Bethany said...

oops...I said " I love the dots" twice! Sorry :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

This is a super cool card Virginia! Love all the colors on the rooster! Don't work too hard!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love the colorful rooster Virginia!
MEGA COngrats on your publication ;-))

Anita Rex said...

Love your card today Virginia! The dimensional glue dots add so much detail!

Cindy C. said...

That rooster is so cute!

Brenda said...

Love the colors on this rooster!

fishydesign said...

WOW I love the card! Loving all those colors on the rooster!

Melissa Shea said...

such a fun rooster! I love the tail feathers with (perfect pearls? I didn't see it listed specifically, sorry if I missed it). Congrats on the pub too! I must pick up a copy!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous and I love the way you decorated his tail!!

donna mikasa said...

Such a handsome rooster! Love the stenciled look, and the pearly accents are awesome! Congrats on being pubbed--still waiting for my magazine to arrive!

Alice Wertz said...

LOVE your published masculine card, girl! fabulous and love love the colors you used to ink up the rooster. super work as always!

chrystinanoel.com said...

Oh my goodness - look at that detail!! You continue to blow my mind.

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Hello Card Challenge in Stamp It! Cards Week for the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

...and you know how I love me some roosters! ;)