Monday, June 4, 2012

Guest Design for Lawnscaping!

Hello! So happy that you stop by today because....I am the
 Yay, what an honor!
Lawnscaping is such a fun challenge and I am super excited to be part of it this month. Laurel B.  
and her DT have some awesome and inspiring creations, do check them out here!  The theme is to use pattern paper with your project! You all must have pattern paper lying around somewhere...time to get them out to play!
Recently, I had acquired new Basic Grey pattern paper and so I give it a go....the first one is my official guest design card. Sentiment is from SRM Stickers.
 heartfelt thanks
It's a super easy design. The yellow ribbons are from May Arts!
The 2nd card was actually my first card made for the guest design, but it didn't turn out how I envisioned. Anyhow I decided to share it with you here. 
you inspire me
I hope you can join the fun! Big thanks to Laurel and her DT, for this lovely invite! I can't wait to see every one's entries!
All supplies I used for this card are listed below. Have you tried InLinkz yet? My friend Vicky's is having a generous giveaway in her blog clips-n-cuts. You see, Vicky's hubby Aris is the mastermind for Inlinkz system which is the most popular linking system for blogging. What can be better time to try it out? Once you use the Link Manager (as follows), please add your post to Vicky's blog for a chance to win $50 gift card from Simon Says Stamps! AWESOME time to try it out if you haven't!




31 comments:

Donna Bowman said...

Love these card Virginia! Great way to use the patterned paper! Love the embossed flowers too!! Congrats on the Guest Designer gig too!

Vicky said...

Lawnscaping have the best GD this June!!! your cards rock, love how you used and combine the patterned paper! I have the same paper pad but haven't used it yet. Now I am inspired!! Thanks for promoting Inlinkz ;) You are the best in many ways!

Annette said...

awesome...congrats on being the guest designer...your cards are amazing...love how you used the pattern paper on the flowers...great cards...

Brenda said...

Congrats on being a GD! Your cards are always FABULOUS!

Lin said...

Congrats, my friend, on the guest DT! You and Lawn Fawn are a match made in heaven! Love what you've done, and you've inspired me to play along, too!

Vic Lau said...

I love both cards! The combination of everything is brilliant :)

Wida said...

Guest spots on big time stamp companies...that's how you roll. sigh...admire....sigh. I love the bright colors, it's a classic Virginia card!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! You are a master with LF stamps! These are gorgeous and I love those papers!

Laura B. said...

So excited to see over at the Lawnscaping challenge blog!!! I will have to try it out! Love your fun, bright card using Basic Grey papers and the white embossing on red!

Kara Lynne said...

Congrats on your guest dt gig! I just love the way you used those beautiful papers. Your yellow stamping in the background has a great effect.

Angi said...

Love your fabulous cards. The paper is beautiful.

cnelson said...

FABULOUS! LOVIN' those flowers!

Barb said...

Yay! Yippee! and a big WOO, HOO! So happy for you, V! You're the perfect fit to guest design for Lawn Fawn! Love both cards! I'll have to find some fun patterned paper and LF stamps and try my hand at this fun challenge - thanks for always inspiring me! :)

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love your cards! Love Lawn Fawn and hope I can come up with something to play along.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fab cards, Virginia and so glad you're joining us this month!

Cindy C. said...

Yay congrats Virginia on being GD for Lawn Fawn! Both cards very pretty! Going to check out the challenge now.

kerenbaker said...

Well done on being a guest designer. They've obviously got taste! Love both cards- although I think I prefer the first one a tiny bit more!! Love the mix of colours and the movement with the yellow flowers/leaves. Youve inspired me to get my embossing powder out again!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

yay for you!!! You have def. inspired me to play along, can't wait to see more of your works for them all month long!
Lisa

Isha said...

Congrats for the GDT over at Lawnscaping. Love both your cards....Hope I get time to play for this one.

Maureen Morton said...

A perfect match - you and Lawn Fawn and these cards with amazing papers and stamps! You are rocking again, girlfriend! Love!

Lindsey said...

Yay for you, Virginia! I like both these cards!

donna mikasa said...

congrats on the GD spot! love the patterned paper blooms--both cards are awesome! Looking forward to seeing more from you this month!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Yay, congrats on being the Guest Designer! You have used the pp so well! Love BOTH cards my friend!

Lalo said...

The second card is just as great as the first! So awesome that your the GDT so playing along with the challenge :)

Nona said...

Yay, Virginia! Congrats on your guest designer spot! I am so happy for you! Love how you incorporated the pattern paper on both of your cards :)

Karen B. said...

Congratulations! What a cool GDT spot. Your cards are great, I really like all the embossing.

Bethany said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the 2nd one...so pretty! I love the flowers! I love the patterned paper on the bottom...so pretty!

Linda R said...

Very creative, Love how you used your pattern paper. congrats to you on being a guess designer..

Hugs~

Christiana said...

Thrilled to have you with us, Virginia! Love your work. These two cards are absolutely stunning!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Hooray for the GDT, Virginia! Your cards are amazing--you do wonders with patterned papers and stamps.

Alice Wertz said...

congrats on your GDT spot, V!! so well deserved! love how you mixed the patterned paper in your cards. so pretty!